The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.

Go down 
+3
Mr. Mordax
~Abyss~
scorpionkeeper17
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scorpionkeeper17
Pandinus

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty
PostSubject: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 1:41 pm

Hello everyone im new here.

I have in my collection a B. jacksoni and a P. imporator

I want to extend my collection. I want to get 2 striped devil scorpions and a death stalker.

The problem with the striped devil is that I cant find any care sheet's on these. Can someone post one for me?

The death stalker scorpion is kind of complicated to me beacuse I read a care sheet that said these can be kept a 70 degrees.
What I dont get is that this is a desert species and I see thing's like the yellow fat tail that has to be kept at 80 to 90 degrees.
Can I keep the death stalker at 70 degrees?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 2:17 pm

Okay first thing first if you are new to the hobby then I do not recomend a deathstalker. Here is my caresheet https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/scorpionforum-s-advanced-caresheets-f33/leiurus-quinquestriatus-death-stalker-t14.htm. They can tolerate 70's but dont keep them in that temp for long. As for the striped devil scorp I'm in process of making a new caresheet but if theres any questions I can help you with let me know. PLEASE be careful with deathstalkers talk to me through pm before you purchase one. These are really really dangerous.
-Eddy
p.s Welcome to the boards.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 2:41 pm

First I'd like to welcome you to the boards. Smile Second, Eddy really knows his stuff with deathstalkers (commonly referred to in the hobby as Lqs), as he's kept them before. I'd take his advice about not jumping in with them just yet.

Basic info as far as I've been able to tell with striped devil scorpions (Vaejovis spinigerus) is that they like it warm and dry. I had mine on damp substrate and he was hanging from the lid until I changed it to dry.

Mine utilize either a shallow burrow under a piece of cork or they hang out on the cork. If you try a community keep them well-fed as cannibalism is relatively common with this species.

Oh, and one more thing -- you're likely to get better responses if you use the scientific name, as it's always more precise than the common names. Smile
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 2:43 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Please learn the hobby a bit more and talk to the guys here who know about the LQ's before jumping in and getting one.
Even im not gonna touch that one! Not that in England I cant get ahold of one

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
scorpionkeeper17
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 3:22 pm

The reason I like the death stalker is beacuse of the color, shape and the speed.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 4:15 pm

I like A.Australis but I wouldnt own one...not that I could...I wouldnt trust myself to not get sting
xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 4:21 pm

Striped tails are pretty easy to care for. For some reason everytime I go out looking for scorps I find them. I must have seen 50 in the last 2 weeks. Anyways. 85 degrees F with low humidity 20-30% and you'll be fine. They seem pretty versitile. For my enclosures I just put about an inch and a half dirt on the floor of the enclosure then mist and put a piece of flat rock in. After it drys put a little loose dirt or sand on top. It work pretty good for me. Mine have built some elabrate burrows.
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

Number of posts : 662
Location : Sw. Georgia, Home of the Hentzi King and the C. hentzi army

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 5:26 pm

welcome to the forum and welcome to the hobby of inverts

i do have to agree you (scorpionkeeper) of why you like the Lq (Deathstalker) , it was the very same reason as you with the reason of their boby structure too. BUT!!!! I do agree with the rest of them sayiing to be careful and these scorpions aren't for beginners. They can be very dangerous to anyone even for an advance keeper. I even didn't get one right away. i think i even waited for 2 yrs or so before i gotten one.

You'll love those V. spinigerus scorpions very much , i miss my 5 i had awhile back.

Best of luck to you with getting more scorpions, they are addictive lol

Thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
scorpionkeeper17
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 6:00 pm

Im going to wait at least a year or 2.

Im just going to stick with B. jacksoni until I move.

I have a couple other question's.

1. How do you make a hot room?

2. This is a dumb question but, what do they mean by "first instar" "2nd instar"?
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 6:13 pm

1. I'm not sure exactly what is meant by that, but I have a whole room that is 85 during the day and 78 at night. Basically only heating lights are required for the desert species and my some of my herps.

2. Instar refers to the period in between molts. When they are born they are 1st instar. After they molt they are 2 instar and so on and so on.

Hope that helps.

-Dustin
Back to top Go down
ReptileMan27
Hadogenes
ReptileMan27

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 6:41 pm

Like said above, defently wouldnt reccomend L.Qs or the other species if its what im thinking it is(hate common names.). I believe T. stigmurus common name is striped devil scorp and they like all Tityus spp. are hot. B. jacksoni is a great choice and a great strarter species for getting into hotter scorps, that was were I started after harmless species..
Back to top Go down
http://www.herpinverts.net
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 6:48 pm

I thought he was talking about V. Spinigerus
Back to top Go down
ReptileMan27
Hadogenes
ReptileMan27

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/9/2008, 7:10 pm

Athlon2k2 wrote:
I thought he was talking about V. Spinigerus
LOL see thats why common names and scorps dont mix lol. If he is talking about V. spingerus then I would reccomend them, cool little scorps that are not considered dangerous..
Back to top Go down
scorpionkeeper17
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/10/2008, 10:29 am

The one im talking about is V. spinigeris.
Back to top Go down
ReptileMan27
Hadogenes
ReptileMan27

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/10/2008, 12:29 pm

scorpionkeeper17 wrote:
The one im talking about is V. spinigeris.
Okay, like I said above a cool scorp thats not dangerous. I would reccomend them to most any scorp keeper Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty3/10/2008, 4:57 pm

Just don't try keeping them communally unless you're willing to risk some losses. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.   Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion. Empty

Back to top Go down

Question's about striped devil scorpion and death stalker scorpion.
Page 1 of 1